Each year, hundreds of millions, maybe even billions, of ad dollars may be wasted due to outdated communication models.
- 56% of digital ads are not seen, according to Google/Double Click study (More Than 56% Of Ad Impressions Are Not Seen, Google Says) and display ads purchased through programmatic channels were 55% more likely to be loaded by bots than non-programmatic ads (5 Things Marketers Should Know About Bots and Ad Fraud).
- Television audience ratings have declined 50% since 2002, according to Morgan Stanley analysis. (BRUTAL: 50% Decline In TV Viewership Shows Why Your Cable Bill Is So High)
- Former Mediacom CEO Alleges Widespread U.S. Agency ‘Kickbacks’
- In 2015, $6.3 billion of digital ads will be based on fraudulent activity (Nearly 25% of Video Ad Views Are Fraudulent, and 6 Other Alarming Stats), while 50 Percent Of Ad Agencies are Not Sure They’re Getting Good ROI From Online Video Ads.
- For those who plan on buying a car or truck, 27% say TV influences their auto purchases. However, leading U.S. automakers spent nearly $6.5 billion (76% of measured media) on TV ads in 2013.
Read the full article: www.forbes.com